The Square is a service of NC Horse News

Author Topic: Starting a mature mare  (Read 420 times)

Offline margie.rhodes3

• View Profile
    • Walkabout Farm
Starting a mature mare
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:40:39 pm »
I have a mare that was started under saddle at 3yo. Walk,trot,canter, manners...the basics. She was ready to go out on the trails, to show grounds, to the 'real world'. when I was injured (NOT this horse!). She has spent the majority of the years since as a pasture pet. Now, finances are tighter and I'd like to move her out. She's still a calm sweetie, just green as grass. She needs a trainer, then a caring owner. Any suggestions on a trainer is appropriate for this type of horse? Email privately, if you like.  Margie

Offline jbandrio

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a mature mare
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:10:58 am »
What discipline?  Have you considered Brock and Leisha Griffith?  I don't know if they're close enough. Or, Tanner Horsemanship up in the Stokesdale area? 

Offline Pasofino

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:23:47 am »
Margie - Lawson Walston is closer to you, not sure how far you want to travel.  I think his wife will be happy to help you out as well. I'll message you their number.

STOP !! DO NOT LITTER - SPAY and NEUTER

Offline Pleasant Ridge Farm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:31:30 am »
I would not waste my time with Brock and Leisha Griffith..... we have sent three people to them over the last 6 months for riding lessons, and not one of them has even got a call back.... one even left three messages. all three are now with other trainers . 

The Square is a service of NC Horse News